Wednesday, November 9, 2011

12 Weeks Out of NPC Ironman/FitExpo

Here we go again! As of this past Saturday, we are 12 weeks out. I say “we” this time, because instead of doing this by myself, I now have a team of 4 amazing women I am training. 2 are fresh off of their first show, 1 has done 2 before, and the other is brand new. One of them suggested I do a blog from the trainer’s point of view, so you will be seeing a lot of that in this new blog.
I did not want to compete with my new girls. I wanted to give them my best, all my energy and concentrate on their success. Doing your first show is a trip and super intense. There are a lot of opinions, remarks, and emotions that swirl around. You really need a support system to keep you going. You can go kinda crazy. A lot of trainers don’t get that. Especially ones who have never competed before. For the most part, I don’t think any trainer can train a competitor unless they’ve competed before. And for women there is SO much more to think about; hair, nails, heels, makeup, jewelry, etc. There are some amazing male trainers out there, don’t get me wrong, but they are few. I see and hear of a LOT of trainers that think it could be a ‘learning’ experience or experiment for them. DO NOT train with a trainer like this for your first show! I am there probably WAY more than I should be for my clients. Their happiness is my ultimate goal. I value the money and trust they put into me. To the point where I am getting my hair done or going to MAC Cosmetics with them!
Anyhow, here WE are, just under 12 weeks out. I am back on track and it feels great! I gained quite a bit the first 2 months after NPC SJ. I got up to 140 from a Comp Weight of 116. But I reeled it in a bit, still cheated, and lifted very heavy. I can tell a big difference as I can see my cuts even at my higher weight.
With having a team, and training girls, I really need to hit it hard this year. We have a lot of shows lined up, smaller ones to get them started, a few larger ones I want to tackle. People know I’m training competitors now. I’ve heard things, and people say things. It’s a SMALL world in this industry. So anything I hear people say about me or my girls, I just use it as motivation to work harder. And they will see. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment