Friday, July 20, 2012

Training & Learning!






Hello! Well, since Tuffy's Fight, and purchasing my new car, I have been working my BUTT off! My workouts and diet fell by the wayside (well, aside of course from the 7 classes I teach a week, lol). Meanwhile I went to my IDEA World Fitness conference and had a BLAST! as always :) We spent 4th of July in San Diego the night before and took classes from 6:45 am to 6pm at night! Followed by wandering around, eating, catching up with old friends, EATING lol.

<-- This was a moment of victory! haha Larissa convinced me to do it! I didn't want to try, was worried about my shoulders. Then this girl did it, but wasn't going down at all and insisted on fighting with the poor girl working the booth. Well, I felt bad for the girl so I thought I would just break that record and make it a non-issue ;) ya, im a SmartAss! So I did. Funny thing is, I just thought it was til exhaustion, not until she started counting down at 10 seconds left did I realize so picked up the pace. Beat a dude, no shabby! Yeah....some people came up later and beat me, but it is a conference filled with Trainers and Instructors, so pretty phenomonally fit peeps! 

So, I came to this conference with a goal: NEW TOYS! I want to start a bootcamp and LOVE having toys to scare people with, um..I mean play with. I got the LeBert Equalizer. You can do dips, pushups, quick feet drills, hamstring curls, pullups...list goes on. After taking the class I also got their Buddy System, which is quite useful as well.

We also took a class on ropes and I had planned on getting them anyway, but they sold the ones they used in class for 50% OFF!!! SOoo, I got 2! 1 1/2" black & covered. Pretty Sweet! I also got the agility rings on the recommendation of Larissa and her bootcamp experience. I'm not an agility person, so I have much to learn there.

I also purchased the DietMaster Program. I had used this years back at Bally Fitness and have been looking for software so I can LEGALLY give my clients diets. Legally, only an RD(Registered Dietician) can do this. RD's go through YEARS of schooling. When I looked into it while doing my Kinesiology MA, I would have had to do an extra 3 YEARS of school! I completed the Sports Nutrition minor classes as party of my self-directed Master's Program. I've had many Sports Nutrition certifications. But really, so many people say they are a 'nutritionist' but that really means nothing.                  

So, like I said above, I ate, a LOT! The food was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I had lost a few pounds before the conference and now I was back up. Time to get REAL. It's hard to train yourself. I know how to train others, but for ME I have all these things I want to try and although they may be fun and totally get me in shape, not gonna lie - my training is definitely APPEARANCE based. So I found myself on the M&F Trainer website and realizing I had not taken advantage of the Workouts I had in my account. The mobile app is AMAZING! I can look up my workout, get descriptions, pictures, crazy! It seriously kicked my ass. I was barely able to walk after the leg day.  It uses a lot of the bands, so...I got them! They came today so I will be playing with them on Monday. Im a little apprehensive. People will be wondering what I'm doing as it is. and so probably, will I! haha.

I also started using my own DietMaster software and gave myself a lean bodybuilder program. I like it - I'm trying new ideas and foods. I did alter it a bit, white rice --> brown rice, yogurt --> greek yogurt. My shakes are leaner(less calories). So, I'm really excited about all this, let's see what happens! :D

TRY SOMETHING NEW!






No comments:

Post a Comment