Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tanning: ProTan Mishap

This weekend, I fell victim to a rookie mistake. I was WAY too light, and it's not for lack of trying.

This time, I decided to discontinue use of Dream Tan. This was the product that made me a LOT darker day of show but is not well-liked by the NPC and it's promoters as it gets on everything on the venue. I used Protan as instructed by the Pros, but something went wrong. I even put on an extra coat: Wed night, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm, Sat am. I was light. I decided after pre-judging to go back to the hotel and shower and re-apply another coat. I thought the first bottle was empty so I used the next bottle.(I always bring extra!) It went on DARK and more Red. The other bottle was older, it had come out green. This is what had gone wrong. I have had this happen before, sometimes its more green sometimes red/orange. Package the same "Original Suntan Brown".

After calling ProTan I can share a lil bit about what I learned. There is no way to make a BROWN color so there are always variants of green or red. The bottle I had used previously has definitely been improved upon and the newer bottle should be more stable, or reliable in color. If it does come out green, I was told it will still darken, just hop in the shower to wash off the green tint, but again should not happen with the current version. Shelf life of thise product is approximately 2 years, so don't do what I did and try to 'save it' for later.

For more info: http://www.protanusa.com/




After a 'good coat'


No comments:

Post a Comment