Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Clean French Toast




2 Whole Eggs
2c Egg Whites (I use Lana's Egg Whites)
6sl Alvarado St. or Ezekiel Bread of your choice
* Originally I actually made this with Eggos. ;) Low Fat Whole Grain, sometimes the cinnamon or other flavors. 

Super quick & easy! Here I used Alvarado St. Sprouted Wheat Cinnamon Raisin. Because it has flavor, I didn't add anything to my eggs. If I use plain Ezekiel Bread or Alvarado St. I'll add sweetener, cinnamon or whatever spices I feel like that day.  


 When picking a Whole Grain bread there are a few things that are KEY. First, it should not list 'flour' as a major ingredient. Flour is overly processed. As you can see on the label above, this bread is made of whole grains. The LARGEST contributing ingredient is listed first and then in descending order. The main ingredient above is Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat Berries. I had fiber and protein, some breads have a little more protein. 







Here are the ingredients - very few. 
You have your carbs(bread), fat(yolk/coconut oil), and protein(egg whites). 
Just soak your bread in the mixture for a minute or two until soft.

I used coconut oil which has MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides/fats)
Brown on both sides as desired.





This made 3 servings for me, and one piece to try! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment