Monday, May 7, 2012

Getting Back to "Normal"

Well, here I am...1 1/2 months after my last show.(NPC Governor's Cup, March 24th, 2012) and here I am, back up to 136lbs, 20%BF which is where I was in November. It's not inspiring, it's not something I post a lot about, but it's life.I am not sucking in or posing in these photos. Just me.

I let myself pretty much eat what I wanted. Which I totally enjoyed! Don't get me wrong, I started every day well, but by the end of the day, all I wanted was CAKE!! Being a competitor and trainer, you are also under a LOT of scrutiny. I could be eating something and someone will come up and ask how many grams of sugar? or oh that must have preservatives! or any other derrogatory comment they feel entitle to as I'm struggling finding my own balance.


So now I'm at that point where I am once again enjoying making my healthy food. Things that I was afraid to eat before(dairy, cottage cheese, cheese, tuna, whole grain bread - HEALTHY things!) I am now eating. And I am back in control. From this point on, I want to diet in a more healthy fashion. I can't have a diet where I can NEVER have something, or completely cut something out.

I have finally been convinced that I have enough muscle. I keep wanting to build more, but it seems as the Figure gals are coming down in size, so I need to concentrate on getting as tight as possible. My goal is to diet my way back down 10lbs, and the once I am in the 125lb range, I will Diet hard for 4 - 6wks to get Stage Lean. Because my life, job, schedule and sanity are important to me. And I believe my body responds better that way.

I am currently trying the method and supplement in Jim Stoppani, PhD's "7 Scientific Steps to a Camera Ready Body". This is also a test run for me to see how it works, and if it works as I think it will, I will use it for my competition prep. You can see it through the link below.


7 Scientific Steps To A Camera-Ready Body

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/7-scientific-steps-to-camera-ready-body.html

No comments:

Post a Comment