Sunday, December 18, 2011

6 Weeks out from Ironman Magazines NPC / LA FitExpo

I had my posing practice with Robin yesterday. I got great feedback from both her and Fatima. I definitely have more muscle than last year, and am on track for the show. Thank God!! I am still leaning out, have a ways to go. I currently am 132 and my competition weight at the SJ in July was 116. (I gained a good 24lbs back with a quickness eating...A L-O-T!) So now I need to make up for it. My goal with doing all these shows back to back is to keep myself on track and not go so far off again. There are a few things I need to tweak with my posing. I have built some irregularities with my muscle due to the scoliosis. My waist has been uneven, that is something I've known, but now I hike my right shoulder up and I need to remember to tweak that and bring it down as well. LOTS to remember which is why you need to practice, practice, PRACTICE!!! In front of the mirror is fine, at first. But you will not have a mirror on stage, lol so you really need to learn to be able to do it without looking. This is why you NEED a posing coach. There are a lot of helpful videos out there and on youtube, but you have to remember there are also a lot of people that don't really know. Also, there are many different types of shows, NPC, ABBA, FAP, etc. Bikini, Physique, Figure, and they are all a bit different not just in the 'looks' they want, but also in the posing. There are also differences on the local level. Definitely watch the pros as that will show you what the organization wants as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment