Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Do I miss drinking?

There are many reasons drinking is the LAST thing you can cheat with. I will go into that at another time, along with an article on it. This is more the personal aspect of it for me.

Soda Water with Lemon, a good fake-out ;)
It's funny, but sometimes annoying, how people complain to me about not being able to lose weight, etc. The REALLY want to. Then they tell me they go out drinking. FAIL! Would you binge on food at a restaurant every night and then wonder why you didn't lose weight? lol, no. So many people think to go without drinking is 'unthinkable', or 'lame'.They wonder HOW I do it? lol  Maybe I'm going through a phase, but I feel the phrase "I've had my day" is appropriate here. I rowed on a Crew Team freshman year of college, Was in a sorority the last 3. (Really I lived at my boyfriend's frat, less drama haha). There were times a few years back I was going out 5 nights a week! for about a year actually, but believe me I still worked my day job, taught my classes at night and then some before doing it all over again. So it's not that I never drank, or went out or any of those things.

Since I've started my training again, it I do get a cheat, I enjoy food! Alcohol just doesn't taste that good, and catching up with an old friend over dinner is SO much more fun then trying to drink yourself into fun at night. Also, I get up in the morning, train clients, get some work done, hang out and have accomplished quite a lot this year. Meanwhile, I see others doing the same thing, going to the same bars, nothing's really changed. They still complain about how the want to lose weight, hehe. They wake up half-way through the day, feel like crap, have a crappy workout if they try. It's lost it's luster for me. Especially when I have so much to look forward to.

Now on a more serious note, I only find it ok to drink anymore if I do not need to drive anywhere. It is too easy for something to go wrong when those two are mixed. SO many people have DUI's it's really amazing. I don't care who you are, or how 'good' you think you are. You're wrong. Try to imagine a drunk person, flailing around, eyes half mast, stumbling over their words falling over saying "i'm ffffine". There have been 2 horrible tragedies this year in my circle due to drinking and driving. Is it fine now? No. Someone's dead. I saw the car in the tree. I saw the people that night. It's such a STUPID reason for anyone to die! So when I see people tell me they are 'fine',....I really just want to smack them.

So, do I miss drinking? You know my answer. Do I see myself doing well at my future shows, and continuing my progress learning, writing, sharing? Yes. In all honesty, if i could cheat, celebrate, what have you......I'd rather have a cupcake. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment