Sunday, December 25, 2011

Cheating

People are always curious if competitors "cheat". And what, exactly, IS cheating? Cheating means different things for different people.

My first season I had a cheat meal once a week. I was dieting VERY strict, and carb cycling from 13 1/2 wks out. I started at only 113lbs and ended on stage at 108lbs, 9%BF. My cheat meal, became a cheat DAY. I would have dinner at Chili's with my family and get the Southwestern egg rolls & the Molten for dessert. Ate it ALL!

I started getting so that I would have no cheats the last 4 weeks as they are crucial to tighten things up. For my last show(NPC SJ 2011-3rd place Figure C), I worked with Fatima and there were no cheats. It was fine for me.

In the off-season I went crazy. I gained a lot. But when im trying to stay close to my diet, more "fun" veggies like corn, some greek yogurt, fruit...my meal I call a "treat" meal because it'll be soup & salad at Panera, which is pretty healthy though of course not competition food.

My goal is to get back to 4wks out and maintain that by having a less strict diet until 4wks out. Ideally. A cheat meal is really a mental thing. I feel that some people can't control themselves, me sometimes also, and its best not to do it, and train yourself to be able to handle it in the off-season.

So how did I fair the Holidays? Well, no excuses. I did well, until Christmas weekend. All bets were off and im already planning my extra cardio sessions. I know my body and I know I set myself back. But this may be my Oma's last Christmas, and it was the first Christmas my mom and I were able to be part of a family, my co-workers amazing Portuguese family and I made choices that I will make up for. No excuses. Fact.

Pic: Traditional Christmas Eve dinner Weisswurst(Bockwurst), cucumber&potato salad, Blaukraut(blue sauerkraut)


No comments:

Post a Comment