Thursday, February 23, 2012

4 Weeks Out - NPC Governor's Cup

Ok, here we go again! It's been a lil bumpy, but I have really been pushing my lifting lately. Today I had to skip my lift after I taught cycling on account of my body was just hurting in too many places. Going to hit abs and calves tomorrow and let my shoulders and back rest. I'm aiming to get back to creating that chest line on Saturday. lol, yes I have cleavage, but I need MUSCLE 'cleavage' haha. I switched and added pec dec after watching a video on the differences between the fly machine and the pec dec by Jim Stoppani. This is what is going to help me get that inner line. I've also been seriously hitting the abs 3x/wk with a 10lb weight plate and 4-5 exercises, just like any other muscle group. I got a lot of the exercises from Mike McErlane on Muscle & Fitness Trainer.

I will be checking in with Fatima on Monday, so I will post my progress pics from then.Below are some pics I was happy with a little whiel Time to really cut some things out and be strict! I am very happy with my progress, but I definitely need to lean out a bit, which I can totally do if I'm on target. It's just such a mind game because I've been all over the place. And people don't really help, as well-intentioned as they may be. Last week a guy told me I 'look bigger'....he didn't qualify that but i was assuming he was giving me a compliment lol. This week a customer came into my office and said I had lost a lot of weight. hmmmm....sigh.One day you feel pretty buff, the next day you feel you look 'normal', then you feel lean, then you feel fat. ugh. Thank God I have a coach to tell me objectively!

So here are my changes from my previous training:

San Jose last july I did 2 Cycle classes a week. Now I teach 3. (lol YES, I GET PAID to do cardio!)

San Jose Split:
  Day 1 - Legs. abs
  Day 2 - Chest, back, bis, tris
  Day 3 - Shoulders, abs

NOW (not necessarily in this order)
  Day 1 - Legs, calves
  Day 2 - Chest, bis, abs
  Day 3 - back, tris, abs
  Day 4 - shoulders, abs
  Day 5 - butt, shoulders, calves

As you can see, a LOT more lifting. I need more muscle, and I prefer it to cardio so I'm buring cals, increasing my metabolism and building muscle. More protein, I need to be better about eating my carbs and healthy fats. I am also carb-cycling by eating  a smaller amount of carbs on my days off. I will be very interested to see my changes. Also a big deal coming up...my anniversary of training for competition again! I met Fatima mid April exactly 12ks out of San Jose, the weekend of my first 5k run. It will be interesting to put those first pics next to my April pics this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment