Friday, February 17, 2012

Spinach & Egg White Omelet

This is one of my favorites lately. I started out with a quick recipe which I'll summarize at the end. I will give you my current spiced up recipe to start.

2-3 cups Spinach
1 cup egg whites (I use Lana's Egg Whites)
Tony Cachere's Creol Seasoning
Lawry's Garlic Salt seasoning
Salsa (if allowed)

Heat pan with Olive oil (extra virgin).
Add 1 chopped clove of garlic to brown and lots of spinach.
Sprinkle with Garlic Salt.
Cover and allow spinach to steam.
Stir spinach, garlic and seasoning and place to side.





Pour in 1 cup egg whites(I use Lana's Egg Whites).
Sprinkle in Garlic Salt and Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
Place spinach on egg whites. (In this picture I had to add more spinach because it shrinks a LOT!)



Fold egg whites over and brown.
Sprinkle seasoning on top if desired. 

-Ok, so the Quick & Easy way?
The first time I did it, I just poured in the egg whites, sprinkled the seasoning, tossed in the spinach, let it cook and then folded it when ready. The spinach will cook on its own in the egg whites.

Top with Salsa if allowed/desired.









No comments:

Post a Comment