Friday, February 3, 2012

Being 'mostly good' just doesn't cut it!

"Bread Pudding" Oatmeal, Egg whites, whole egg, oatmeal & Strawberries

 So many times the questions I get start with "I eat mostly clean..." or "I'm pretty good with my workouts"....and end with "how can I get results?" How bout you start with actually following something? If you can't stick to one plan, you will never know what you need to adjust to creat change. You can eat 'healthy', but that doesn't mean you will build muscle or get lean. You have to train and diet for that SPECIFIC purpose. Just because someone is a vegetarian or vegan, does not mean they can't be fat. Just because it's a "whole food" doesn't mean it doesn't have a ton of sugar or fat.

When I am prepping for a show, I can eat 100% clean, but not get the results I am looking for if I am not 100% on target. I eat the same thing every day. Firstly, it makes things much easier to buy in bulk and cook for the week. And i'm a creature of habit so that's fine with me.This way I can' eat the same thing for a week, and change ONE thing(ie: switch from sweet potatoes to brown rice, or from salmon to tilapia at a meal) and see the difference. This is how you learn what works for your body and how. You can get SOME results from just picking and choosing clean foods, and that is fine if your goal is to maintain where you are at. But to create CHANGE, whether building muscle or leaning out, you need to CHANGE. Most times it's not that the program fails, it's that the client isn't following it. They are not FULLY committed, so they will not see the results.
Lana's Egg Whites
Food prepped & ready

Protein Shake, brown rice cake, peanut/almond butter
The FIRST thing I cut out is alcohol. If you are training hard and dieting hard, the last thing you want to be doing is be up all night socially with no more food or carbs, lol. I've done it, on caffeine but not very often. Alcohol witllscrew with your gains, your metabolism, your bodies regulating capacity, more than anything and affect your body for a few days. The SECOND thing is sugar. Candy, break, white bleached flour, etc. Anything that spikes your blood sugar level, causes a crash and is empty calories. That means that you are eating something with NO nutritional value to you. If you are on a restricted diet, they BETTER be GOOD calories or you will not function well.

Salmon, Sweet pot & asparagus
So don't ask your trainer for a 'new' plan, if YOU are what is not working. Don't say to be 'harder' when you can't follow the easy plan. Don't ask if you can have x, y and z...just follow the plan! If you REALLY want this, the is NO OTHER OPTION!

Egg White & Spinach Omelet
Chicken, brown rice & broccoli soup











No comments:

Post a Comment