Tuesday, February 28, 2012

< 4 Weeks Out: NPC Governor's Cup


Here I am at just under 4 weeks out! I have really been lifting hard and am noticing a lot more definition and lines that I have NEVER had! My hamstrings are finally peeking out! All machines and their weight are a little different, but at my Sunday gym I actually was about the same weight for leg curls as for leg extension. finally getting some more balance! I lift as HEAVY as I can, and my body is feeling it!

Even though I have taken a mental break, I have made progress. I am 126lbs, and 16%BF. I definitely need to lean out so diet changes are being made. A LOT of things are coming out of my diet, and I'm ready. When coach tells me to take things out, I do it. So I had prepared my food so the Steel Cut Oatmeal is going up into the freezer until I can have it again. I am up, well doubling, my cardio so 6hrs/week. I get paid for 3 hehe. All I keep thinking is "I need to find a few cycle classes to sub!" I do NOT like cardio! I love teaching, and I love getting PAID! :D Tomorrow one of my clients and friend is going to do the Stair Monster with me. SO GLAD! The goal is 120lbs (or less) and 12%BF. At San Jose last year I was 118 at just under 13%BF day of show and of course we always are looking for improvement. I am REALLY excited to see what my body looks like 'stage-lean' now that I have worked for almost a full year on building muscle.


 My body is breaking down however and I have an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow. This is VERY important with my scoliosis. Things are crooked to begin with so as I build muscle and things get pulled even more in the wrong directions it causes pain. My 'loose shoulders'(they sublux, or dislocate with movement) are hurting, as well as my whole spine pretty much, and now my elbow. My Chiropractor is very unique in that she does soft tissue work. She pinpoints the problem and works the muscle. She doesn't just 'pop' things. I go in with pain, and most cases leave pain free, and I've gone in after some pretty bad issues(ie flipping over my head and landing on my hands popping my shoulders out while snowboarding).


Another interesting thing on my 'mental break' was that my stomach got really bloated, and I was holding a LOT of water. I don't know if I was taking in too much protein with my baking using eggs, protein powder etc or if it was sugar, I'm not sure. But, it does reinforce my current clean eating. It never used to bother me but I have been pretty much eating clean for quite a while now that I think even small changes affect me.



I also am having a lot of fun meeting new friends! I was a little nervous as none of my girls will be competing with me in these next 2 competitions, but I have met other girls through mutual friends who are doing these shows and I am super excited to meet them! Having others is such a great motivation to keep you on track.

So, tomorrow I start my new diet! Coach told me to post my info and pics weekly to keep me on track and hold me accountable, so here I go! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment