Sunday, February 19, 2012

DONUTS?!?!

Who says a Competition Diet can't be fun?
 
I was at Target the other day and scoffed at a donut maker I saw. Then, Thursday night I was thinking about how Fridays are donut day at work. I so missed that. And I had an epiphany - I was going to make my own donuts. It's a mental thing, lol. Being able to have MY donuts, feel part of the Friday fun and still be good. I have posted all the photos below.

I started out with the same recipe as my Protein Pancakes(Pic 1). However, I accidentally put in 2x the egg whites, so i then had to double everything else to make it right(Pic 2). I usually bake a double-batch, so this made a Quadruple batch!! No worries, food for 4 days! 

Single Serving (multiply as desired)
1/2c Egg Whites (I use Lana's Egg Whites)
1 Whole Egg
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2c Oatmeal
1 fruit (I split it, so 1/2 banana, 1/2cup strawberries) -lol easier to double the batch
   * the banana gives it the consistency of bread and holds better. I split
      the fruit as I have bananas on heavier workout days & strawberries
      when I need a leaner breakfast. I call it my compromise ;)
 Seasonings as desired (I like cinnamon, Vanilla extract, you can use cocoa power, diff protein flavors, etc)

Blend all ingredients in blender. Pour into donut maker. I got this one at Target for $30. If you want to see it, it's the Sunbeam Donut Maker. I tried to make a glaze....I will need to keep working on it. I used some coconut oil as it hardens as it cools, and tried to use Truvia and cinnamon. Doesn't quite work like sugar, lol. I tried dipping the donuts in, and it cooled on those, but hard to get it on the donuts.

My quadruple batch made approximately 4 servings of 9 or 10 small donuts each. 

They are cute and fun and make me happy! And will TOTALLY trip out any other competitors who see me eat them, haha 0;)








 






No comments:

Post a Comment