Saturday, February 4, 2012

Protein Pancakes

This is one of my Absolute Favorites!
I made a double batch today, and then I just split the pancakes into 2 servings. Ill do this 2x so that I can get through the week(4 servings) and then maybe do my Oatmeal Pudding the rest or eat separate.

1/2c Egg Whites(I use Lana's)
1 whole egg
1/2 scoop protein powder(any flavor, im using vanilla here)
1/2c oatmeal
 *if you're allowed fruit, 1/2 banana gives great moisture & consistency, 1/2c strawberries would be leaner.

So im making a DOUBLE batch. I have one fruit in the morning. On my heavy workout days (2hrs or more) I have the banana, on off or single workout days I have berries. Because this is for 2 day I split it and did one serving of each. And I wanted to try it! ;)




Put all ingredients into a blender. You can use salt, sweetener, spices(cinnamon, nutmeg, etc) to taste. I didn't use sweetener this time as I thought the fruit & protein powder would be sweet enough. (Especially if your bananas are ripe) I set my stove top to level 3  and lightly grease the pan with coconut oil. Once you see the bubbles start to come through, its time to flip. Doesn't need much on the 2nd side. I split my cakes into 2 plates, one I eat (YUMMM!) And the other I pop into the fridge to eat the next day. The size I made turned out to be 4 pancakes per serving.

Time to flip!

    OPTIONS: (oh boy - lots!)
-Different fruits
-Different flavor protein powders
-Add a touch of extract(coconut, vanilla, rum-get crazy, lol)
-Add spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder, pumpkin spice, etc)
-Higher cal/building program- Add almond butter to make it a roll or sandwich. I LOVE the fresh ground at Whole Foods!


So with ALL the options of protein flavors, fruits (if allowed), spices and other flavorings, you should be able to make yourself a Happy Meal for Breakfast! (Hehe, aka, "Meal #1")

No comments:

Post a Comment