Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Goals - 6 months to greatness!


Firstly, I want to say this is not me being cocky. It's kinda tongue-in-cheek, but also half a dream. In the past I have competed, each time trying to place. Now I have set my sights higher. I never had a one-on-one coach to help and guide me. It has made a HUGE difference in having that support.  I have built a network and technology is such that I am able to really learn and do more than I thought I could. I have made a lot of progress and have never looked this way at the weight i've been(my heavier weight.) I have trained VERY hard before and not looked like this. I attribute it to an AWESOME coach in Fatima and i have been using Advocare products. It's amazing, everyone that uses Advocare or tries it has such great results! My family and friends practically 'sell' it back to me!  I gained up to 140 having 'fun' with food after the SJ show. I lose quick and I gain quick! So at 131, i have cut abs, legs, awesome! I competed at 116 at SJ so I'm so interested to see what I'll be for this season. So with training clients and competing myself, I have had to set an example and set my sights higher.

Last year because I placed 3rd in my class at NPC San Jose in Figure, I qualified to go to USA's in Vegas(Nationals). I have decided to do it. I am very intimidated, but I've competed long enough, I need to give MYSELF a chance. I don't think I doubted doing San Jose again, it will be my 4th time at that show and hope to place higher. I decided to do NPC Contra Costa. That was the very first show I did, never having seeing a competition before, and it is HUGE. I was....108lbs. (9%BF). I got SLAMMED. There were 13 or 14 in my height class. The next year I went back for another beating. There were MORE. So I want to take on that show, and I aim to place(Top 5). My girl Cori Ann brought up some shows with great opportunity; Ironman Magazine Naturally with the FitExpo, and they also have the West Coast with Team ratings in June.

My goals are to place higher (1st or 2nd), to Place at Contra Costa, and to Rank at USA. USA ranks the top 15 of about 30. Everyone else is numbered as 16. After that, I will be OFF! This is a VERY ambitious schedule, and if i do it i will beat my previous record. In 2005 I aimed for 8 shows and hit 5. I have a lot more driving me this time.

Here is my schedule:

Jan 28th            3wks - LA Ironman Mag/FitExpo
March 24th     11wks - Sac Gov Cup (My Bday is the 20th!)
May 5th          17wks - Contra Costa
June 23rd        24wks - Ironman Mag/Team
July 14th         27wks - San Jose/Fit Expo
July 27&28     29wks - USA (LV)
OFF ;)
 I think I have a shot...what do you think? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment